High throughput analysis of bacterial colonies or bacteriophage plaques in less than a second. The Automated Colony Counter is comprised of a CCD-Firewire camera (colour) with autozoom and autofocus, a light-proof sample chamber and the software for automated colony counting.
Differentiation by color, size and shape to be combined at choice by the user. Additional features allow for separating overlapping colonies. Settings to be stored and retrieved via mouse-click for future analysis of similar type samples. The system is straightforward to use and the software is Windows® based. Results are presented as an image on your monitor or in a table exportable to Excel®.
Unique to the Automated Colony Counter is its ability:
- To process up to 400 Petri dishes per hour with up to 1.000 counts per dish.
- Accurate detection of difficult to identify colonies.
- Mixed cultures – differentiation of colonies with up to 8 colors simultaneously.
- Changeover from evaluating agar plates or to nutrient discs, to spiral
plates, to inhibition zone analysis etc. can be effected by a simple mouse click.
The system has been designed for use with Petri dishes of 60 and 90 mm diameter. As a result of using a LED-array to illuminate the surface of the agar circular from the side a hereto unknown transparency and sharpness for detecting colonies can be observed.
Typical applications :
- Total number of colonies
- Nutrient disks and filter disks
- Chromogenic agar
- High number of colonies (up to approx. 1.000 per Petri dish)
- Bacteriophage plaque assay
- Inhibition zones and dark agar.
- Dimension: (wxdxh) mm : 240 x 470 x 290 mm
- Power: 220V, 50-60Hz
- Weight : Approx 11Kg
- Desktop with Intel® Core™ Duo Processor (1,80 GHz), 1024 MB mainstorage, 160 GB hard disk, IEEE-1394 Firewire adapter card, graphics card 256 MB memory (no on-board), DirectX 8 operable, Windows® XP Professional or Windows Vista™ Business (English version on request), Microsoft® Works 8.0, 16x DVD+/-RW (with writer), 19” LCD monitor (screen resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixel, colour quality: 32 Bit), incl. optical mouse and keyborad. (Status 08/2007)
- Alternatively:Notebook with Intel® Core™ Duo Processor (1.66 GHz), 1024 MB mainstorage, 120 GB hard disk, IEEE-1394 Firewire adapter card, graphics card 256 MB memory (no on-board), DirectX 8 operable, Windows® XP Professional or Windows Vista™ Business (English version on request), Microsoft® Works 8.0, 8x DVD+/-RW (with writer), 15,4” or 17” screen display (screen resolution: 1280 x 800 or 1440 x 900 Pixel, colour quality: 32 Bit). (Status 08/2007)